BYK-Gardner – a manufacturer and distributor of quality control instruments for color, appearance and physical properties testing – sends Invitation to the 7th BYK-Gardner User Meeting, “Color and Appearance Harmony,” to be held on June 11 – 12, 2013, in Plymouth, Mich.
It has been 14 years since the first User Meeting took place in the USA and since then our “color and appearance community” as well as topics to discuss has grown continuously. The 2013 meeting for exchanging experiences will focus on the field of color and appearance control.
Topics of the meeting:
- New challenges of achieving “Class A” surface quality in an ever-changing production environment (new pigments, new paint materials, new production processes, etc.)
- Color Harmony from “Design to Material Approval to Production Control” (A global view)
- Latest news on color matching of effect finishes for OEM and Refinish applications
- New visual perception studies and correlation to instrumental waviness data
- Online color and appearance process control
As in the past, speakers from automotive makers, paint producers, part suppliers as well as raw material suppliers will share their best practices and challenges to optimize color & appearance. And, of course, BYK-Gardner will inform attendees on the latest developments.
We are planning a special dinner event immediately following the program on Tuesday, June 11. The meeting is free of charge and we encourage you to sign up early.
The meeting will be held at The Inn at St. John’s, 44045 Five Mile Road, Plymouth, Mich., 48170. The event will open with lunch on Tuesday, June 11, and conclude on Wednesday, June 12, around 2pm.
Register online at www.byk.com/7usermtg-USA.
If you have any questions in regards to the seminar, please call or email Ms. Melanie Cummings at 800-343-7721 ext. 7216, Melanie.Cummings@altana.com.
BYK-Gardner USA is a member of the BYK Additives & Instruments division of ALTANA.